Last week we had some guests staying over with us, and I’d bought some Nestle Table cream to use in one of the desserts I was making during their stay, but I had some left over cream which I needed to finish up. However, instead of making more desserts, I wanted to use it in something savory and easy.
I’d used this similar method for baking for my chicken tikka some time back, instead of grilling, and it really is very easy. Not only does the chicken not stick to the pan making clean up a breeeze, it also makes it tender, juicy and moist.
My little one loves food served up on skewers, so she was happy to see me make these, and the older two went on about how good the house smelled while these were baking! Don’t let the lack of complexity of this recipe fool you, this one’s definitely a keeper.
Here’s the recipe :
- Make a marinade with the following ingredients :
2 tbsp melted butter
2 tbsp nestle table cream
2 tbsp yogurt
1 tbsp lemon juice
1 tsp each salt, cumin and coriander powders
1/2 tsp each black pepper and garam masala powders
1 tbsp ginger paste
2 cloves of garlic, minced
- Cut two chicken breast into chunks, about 10 to 12 pieces per chicken breast.
- Transfer the chicken into the marinade and coat well.
- Soak the skewers in water for 30 minutes, while the chicken is marinating.
- Pre-heat the oven to 350F.
- Layer the inside of a baking dish with foil to make clean up easier.
- Skewer the chicken pieces, 3-4 per skewer. Do not overcrowd them
- Arrange them over the top of the baking dish in a row, making sure they are not touching.
- Bake for 30 minutes. Broil for 3 minutes after they’re done baking for a beautiful golden brown color.
- Squeeze some lemon juice over the skewers.
- Serve with Saffron rice, salad and lentils or chickpeas.